Monday, July 20, 2009

Another 4 STAR review! (Not that we care aboot reviews)

It's true - I give way to much power to reveiws - not so much the positive ones, though I am grateful for them, but the negative ones, or rather, the possibility of negative ones. I fear having the words ring in my head for years to come (Toronto review of Girls Guide - "Unsexy, unfunny, unprepared." Can I remember a word of my Edmonton 5 star reviews? Nope).

BUT thank god I don't have to deal with that TODAY. Because our reveiw in the Winnipeg Free Press was another rave.

For your reading pleasure....

"I have always been curious about sex. And I love inappropriate questions." With those two statements as her scene-setter, Portland, Ore.-based writer/performer Eleanor O’Brien gives her audience fair warning that the hour that follows will be as frank, feverish and in-your-face sexual as anyone could hope to handle.

Inviting Desire is for decidedly mature and disinclined-to-blushing audiences. Flanked by Tonya Jone Miller, Mary Rose and Adrienna Ogin, fellow travellers on the road to fulfilment, O’Brien is determined to make this tightly choreographed and startlingly graphic exploration of female sexual fantasy a fully, er, satisfying encounter.

The premise is simple: as a woman of a certain age, O’Brien has found herself, on occasion, coming up short in the self-satisfaction department. Someone suggests a deeper kind of fantasizing, the kind that creates a more direct brain-to-groin connection. But how?

Well, with a little help from friends who respond to an anonymous online survey, O’Brien compiles a list of fantasy-driven suggestions in which every option, every opportunity and every orifice are explored.

And then the girls get down to the gritty business of acting it all out onstage, in full, flush-inducing detail. Daringly hot stuff, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Girl what is there not to like OMG, I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. You know I just had to let the CBC reviewer know exactly what I thought about you four amazing woman! So I wrote the following for those of you out there that did not catch it.


    Inviting Desire!

    Wow I went to the second show! I was blown away, it was everything and more than I could ever expect from a show. The story telling exquisite and mind moving. The questions frank and to the point. I know because it was like they were reading my mind. hummm maybe I am a deviant lol . There was not a dry eye in the house every where I looked people were laughing some to the point of falling off their chairs. I was very impressed, and curious for more I wish it would of been 1 1/2 hours or even two. I have no doubt they would of been able to fill it will material of equal excellence.

    Hats off to the women of Inviting Desire! Excellent job, Looking forward to more of the same from you. Just wished it was longer. But then I am greedy for more good performances.

    ReplyDelete