Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tech Rehearsal - CHECK!

We had our tech this morning and it went great. Super smooth - the two guys who are running our lights and sound are totally on it. They even added interesting gobos (lighting effects) and are both have an artistic touch with calling cues. YAY.

We are in a HUGE venue - which is exciting and intimidating. We have to goose up our volume, and even delivery to some extent. It's a theatre which often houses musicals, so you get the idea.

Just to run the show felt great - it helped us remember the reason that we're here - not just to promote but to actually DO the show.

I admit, I am terrified of how the show will do - critically and in terms of numbers. When I think about it I get all seized with panic - but I do recognize that it's better than it was the last time I was here. I was just a ball of anxiety the first time round - coming off Toronto and the worst review of my life. That time Winnipeg felt like a warm bath - totally welcoming and generous in response. I pray for the same reception - that people will welcome an empowering show about women's sexuality, and not freak out and keep embarrassment from getting them into the theatre. Our first show goes up the same time as The Cock Whisperer (which I personally can't wait to see). So that's scary - kind of a similar demographic I imagine.

But I am trying to keep in the front of my mind that first and foremost we are here to have an artistic adventure. To meet people and make friends and see shows and do theatre. PLAY. Despite flashes of terror, I feel like I am right where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment