Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Positive strokes from a fellow performer

Oh Hell yeah! This is from a guy who was doing a solo show at the Winnipeg fringe, which I am so disappointed I didn't see (the worst part of the fringe - the fact that you only ever see a tiny fraction of all the shows - I got to 25 this year, out of 146 - and thought I was doing pretty good). Wilson, if you're reading this, I so hope our paths cross someday. Thanks for the message - it is SO helpful for us to hear from people like you.

(this is what Wilson wrote to us)

To the Women of Inviting Desire,

I've been meaning to write you this since seeing your show last Thursday. First and foremost I loved your show. It was easily at the top if not number one show I saw at this years Fringe. It was just so refreshing, fun, moving, touching, daring, funny and a crap load more. Such wonderful performances from these four women. As a performer myself I was so inspired by these wonderful actors. The writing and performances push me to be a better writer/actor myself and I was so happy to have had a chance to see your show. Beautiful! Just beautiful show.

My one regret was that with performing my own show, working my job, and searching for a new apartment, I was only able to see your second last show on Thursday. Had I seen it earlier I would have been able to tell more people to see it rather then the two days I was gabbing about it. In reading your blog for your final noon show all I could think was how easy it is to see the empty seats, crossed arms, and hear the silence. My Tuesday noon show (13 people) was beyond draining as I rely so much on the energy from the audience. I hate the fact that your last show would be a noon one as I just think what your show had to say was so important and refreshing. I love your motto for Dance Naked Productions and look forward to seeing much more from you. I wish you much success in your time in Calgary and Edmonton. By success I mean I hope your rake it in with audiences and moo-la but also success in getting your message from your show out there. I remember leaving it feeling so energized and happy, and just wanting to share what I saw and heard. I hope more people get an opportunity to experience it as well. Break a leg and please come back. Hope to see something from you again soon in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment