Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Well I'm having a blast on this theater immersion program. Performing, seeing 1-3 shows per day, meeting theater artists and shooting the proverbial shit with them. Last night we had a party on our RV. I think the max we had in there at any one time was 10 or 11. We parked it right near the King's Head pub, which is where everyone tends to convene at night, and we had a rotating cast of characters coming in to pile cozily and drink box wine, lounge on the bed, play games, eat chocolates, etc. It feels like a party so fast in there because of how limited the space is. Immediately, everyone is right on top of one another, talking too loud, spilling wine and making the place rock. It felt like a proper use of our little Betty,(aka the Chariot of Desire), and hopefully a precedent for times to come. There was mention of a martini party on thursday...

Our shows have been going really well, especially last night's. Something was special last night. Maybe it was the really responsive audience, or maybe it was the pair of mating dragonflies that landed on me during one of the scenes, or maybe it was just the magic within the cast, but we were on. I felt so alive out there, and it seemed like everyone else was feeling it too. I'm excited to be experiencing the changes every day as we grow more and more into our show.
Funny little anecdote: The other day, I don't know what we had eaten, but suddenly I had to fart right as we were about to go out onto the stage. I admit, I could have probably moved away a bit, but we were at places, and I stayed right with everyone else when I let one rip. Everyone exclaimed in disgust and resentment as they covered their noses from the awful smell and we tried to hold back our laughter so the audience wouldn't hear us. We started the show, and no problems until...in the middle of Adrienna and my scene, right at the part where she is below me and I am looking at her face lovingly, I smell a foul stench sneaking up into my nose. Revenge. Adrienna has farted right as I have to look lovingly at her face and say the line, "The light reflects against your face. I see only love, open adoration". My head is positioned directly above her ass. That was truly a moment of acting. My face had to force itself into a look of admiration when internally I was cringing and trying not to breathe. Well done Adrienna.

Yesterday, we found a food co-op to my great joy and celebration. I have been feeling horribly removed from my familiar food habits, and it was reassuring to find organic greens, overpriced eggs, bulk grains and nutritional yeast. The co-op here is small, but not too small to have a little deli counter where they make vegan delights such as Yam and pumkin seed pate, Bliss balls, and tofu bacon strips. Everything they had was really delicious and brought me right back home. First thing I did with the groceries was make a big kale and parsley salad with lemon juice and olive oil and whoops, we don't have salt, so Adrienna did the best she could by rubbing the salt off of the macadamia nuts. You make do with what you've got. Delicious.

Today is a free day, which means seeing shows, flyering and promoting our show as much as possible,(the task that never gets checked off the to-do list), and relaxing. But first my blessed egg breakfast that I have so missed...
--Mary

2 comments:

  1. you eat chocolates?

    sigh....

    howard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say that I'm too sorry that someone has finally revenged the Mary Rose Special that our kitchen has been privy to so many a time- good work Adrianna! Cheers to greens and eggs! -sarah

    ReplyDelete